Why is my self-esteem unstable
(= S.)self-esteem, self-worth], [PER, SOZ], also Self-esteem called, is the evaluation of the image of oneself (self-concept) and thus a fundamental attitude towards oneself. Although it is not a feeling in the true sense of the word, one often speaks of self-esteem in everyday life. Related everyday terms are self-confidence, self-respect, self-confidence or self-confidence. S. is partly genetic, partly through experience. High S. is related to well-being and psych. Health. However, people with high S. often find it difficult to give up - even if the costs of perseverance are beyond their utility. Focusing on one's own strengths can also reduce the willingness to develop personally. In contrast, people with a low S. tend to be self-critical. They tend to see the causes of failures and mistakes primarily in their own person and thus experience themselves as worthless. Lower S. is on the one hand the cause and on the other hand the consequence of experienced failures and social stress. S. can be examined as a stable property (trait) or as a state (state). I. S. of two-process theories, a distinction is made between explicit and implicit S. More explicitly S. is used as a personality trait i. d. Usually recorded with standardized self-description questionnaires, e.g. B. with the one-dimensional Rosenberg scale or the multidimensional Self-esteem scale. Explicit S. correlates highly with neuroticism. A (multi-dimensional) scale from Heatherton and Polivy is available for recording the S. as a state. Implicit S. is done with indirect methods such as the Implicit Association Test (IAT) or the Initials Preference Task (IPT) determined. Variants of unstable S. have proven to be problematic. Also associated with defensiveness and poor well-being are discrepancies between implicit and explicit S., which are called more fragile and injured S. be referred. Self-esteem contingency, self-esteem management, self-esteem regulation.
References and in-depth literature
- What are some examples of artificial language
- Are real clone iPhones good or bad
- Why should you create a startup?
- What was Project X
- Who are the travelers in Great Britain
- What was your best Overwatch game
- Is ventilation an active process?
- What embarrassing moment did you cause
- Why do I yawn while on meth?
- Should net neutrality be legalized in India
- What is the history of platinum usage
- Will Quora be stricter than StackExchange
- Is Malwarebytes the best antivirus out there
- What is sqrt 25
- What is sparkling Pinot Noir
- What is your favorite brand of vibrator
- Female mule deer have antlers
- Who made the film Samson
- Are guns legal in France?
- How do you say beast in Tagalog
- Why is there BusyBox
- What is an unmanaged virtual private server
- Why do actors have agencies
- How do I stop smoking