What is dementia research
Understand dementia better
Around 1.6 million people in Germany currently suffer from dementia. The most common and well-known form of dementia is Alzheimer's disease. The disease is a great burden not only for those affected, but also for their relatives. Due to demographic change, dementia will affect even more people in the future.
For many people it is
It hides behind
the term one
Variety of different
Forms of disease
Dementia is a widespread disease. We need to understand better what the causes of this disease are and how it develops. That is the basis for effective therapies.
The Federal Ministry of Research (BMBF) is funding dementia research in Germany with around 90 million euros annually. A large part of the funding goes to the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE). Scientists work together at nine locations across Germany. The DZNE is active in all research areas from basic research to health services research. In this way, the results of research should reach people more quickly.
Dementia diseases are increasing worldwide. The BMBF is therefore increasingly involved in international cooperation projects. The EU member states and other partners support the "EU Joint Program - Neurodegenerative Disease Research" (JPND) initiative. Joint program planning and research activities make better use of existing resources and bundle research capacities.
- Who was the craziest US president
- For which careers are differential equations useful?
- Did someone win the lottery?
- Which superhero is unnecessarily sexualized the most?
- What should I rather run or do yoga
- Will life turn around when I do
- Do you like Ringo Starr or not
- Can the mind bend it?
- What happened to the Jews of Edessa
- Are there myths that are true
- How is HTC Global Services
- How much am I really worth
- What do Russians love about Ukraine
- Are there hormones that stimulate arousal?
- How do I seduce an INFJ man
- Can MXNet be used for generic optimization
- Which camera should I buy under 700
- How does Nadiswara 1
- Why do Mexicans have inferiority complexes
- Are the thoughts linear
- What are popular cars in Turkey
- MBA Finance is good for entrepreneurs
- What makes Apple Macbooks so reliable
- What is Miyazaki's best film