What is the IUPAC name of KMn04
Manganese (VII) oxide is a chemical compound with the empirical formula Mn2O7. The oily liquid is highly reactive because it (like most charge-neutral oxides) is a dangerous oxidizer (see also oxidizing agent). The first description was made in 1860.
Extraction and presentation
Manganese (VII) oxide is obtained through the reaction of sulfuric acid with potassium permanganate.
At low temperatures, the compound is a crystalline solid that reflects green light and looks red when light is transmitted through it. The compound consists of a pair of tetrahedra connected by an oxygen particle, which has the structural formula O3Mn-O-MnO3 can be described. The outer Mn – O connections are 1.585 Å apart and the central bridge 1.77 Å. The central Mn – O – Mn bridge has an angle of 120.7 °. These properties are similar to those of pyrosulfates, pyrophosphates, dichromates, and others R.2O7–Connections (where R. for chlorine or metals such as technetium or rhenium stands).
Manganese (VII) oxide is a highly reactive compound. It decomposes at room temperature and explodes at temperatures of around 55 ° C, whereby the explosion can also be triggered by impact or contamination. Manganese (IV) oxide (manganese dioxide) and oxygen as well as small amounts of ozone are produced, which gives the compound a strong odor. It instantly charred organic matter such as wood. Self-ignition occurs with acetone or other solvents.
- ↑ http://www.uni-bayreuth.de/departments/ddchemie/umat/mangan/oxmangan.htm
- ↑ Aschoff, H. Ann. Phys. Chem. Ser. 2 volume 111 (1860) page 217 and page 224.
- ↑ Simon, A .; Dronskowski, R .; Krebs, B .; Hettich, B. "The crystal structure of Mn2O7"Angewandte Chemie 1987, volume 99, pages 160 - 161.
- ↑ Krebs, B .; Mueller, A .; Beyer, H. H. The Crystal Structure of Rhenium (VII) Oxide "Inorganic Chemistry 1969, 8, 436-443.
Categories: Explosive substances | Corrosive substance | Oxide | Manganese compound
- Poor vision reduces IQ
- Who is in the band Blur
- Why should I choose to study translation?
- How do I learn from fiction
- Plumb5 or Google Analytics which is better
- What happened to HP
- What are the best apps for lawyers
- At what temperature does white sugar burn
- Affects testosterone training in the gym
- What is an enclave land
- What is the NIRF Rank of LNMIIT
- What is important about brand communication
- What is a quantum spin fluid
- Let's add a snapshot to user stories
- Which coaching has the best test series
- What are some good zebra names
- Why do you find cryptography interesting
- Turn on Lindsey Graham Trump
- What kind of a climate is in Delhi
- When is hugging inappropriate?
- Are people capable of multitasking?
- What is the Himalayas
- Can work carpool in India
- What is the network marketing system