How are children with addicted parents?
What to do if your child is addicted
Experience has shown that two basic requirements must be met so that there is a chance that the child will accept the help offered. Parents need a sound basic knowledge of the different types of drugs. Information material on the subject of addiction for different addressees is provided, for example, by the Deutsche Hauptstelle für Suchtfragen e. V. is available on their website.
In addition, a good and resilient relationship of trust should exist or be created between parents and their child. That is not always easy! Occasionally, when your own child is stealing from you to get their drug needs, you will reach your limit. These and other situations can be dealt with in a self-help group, for example, where you have the opportunity to exchange personal experiences with those affected and their friends and relatives.
The “Addiction & Drugs Hotline” can be reached under the nationwide uniform telephone number 01805 313031. Experienced specialists in drug and addiction help offer anonymous advice, help and information over the phone 24 hours a day (14 cents per minute from landlines, max. 42 cents per minute on mobile phones).
Offers of help
As long as you are in contact with your child, there are numerous ways to help. With all addictive diseases, however, it is primarily important that those affected want to stop themselves so that the disease can be treated successfully. So there is no point in forcing your child to go to drug counseling. The brochure "An offer to everyone who would like to help someone close to them" from the Deutsche Hauptstelle für Suchtfragen e. V.
The BZgA publishes a directory of local addiction counseling centers on its website at www.bzga.de/service/beratungsstellen/.
The aim of treatment is to help addicts lead a life without drug use. This usually takes place in three steps:
- Detox phase: Detoxify the body by withdrawing from the drug.
- Psychotherapy: Behavioral and talk therapy with the aim of overcoming psychological dependence.
- Traditional social work: It supports the reintegration into normal everyday life.
Unfortunately, therapies are no guarantee that those affected will no longer resort to drugs in the future. The relapse rates of addicts are - depending on the type of drug - unfortunately usually high. Long-term programs in the USA and Germany have shown that around 20 to 40% of addicts remain “clean” across the board.
- O3 is considered polar
- How could I measure my neural plasticity?
- How to revise psychology in university
- What are Senior Sector Loan Certificates
- Who would win Goten or Gohan Young?
- What is the procedure for NEEM
- America is Babylon today
- Is it easy to grow cannabis
- What did the word MOM mean
- How big is a flyer
- What is the name of a Greek royal palace
- Is Benelli 25 worth buying
- Why does direct current flow in one direction?
- Visit the Motley Fool website frequently
- How can a good person change society
- What do the locals eat in Taipei
- Does the time depend on the speed
- Why are all NBFC stocks falling today
- What is the antidote for Coumadin
- What is at the same time What are some examples
- Why is WordPress' source code so bad
- Psychology What is Female Deceiver Syndrome
- I have a good day today
- Make code breaking a career