How to cut Formica Laminate
Formica is a durable, heat-resistant plastic laminate that is most commonly used on countertops. It's easy to clean and affordable, with a wide range of styles available. It's possible to cut Formica with power tools like a circular saw, jigsaw, or table saw, but it's best to use a simple utility knife for a clean, straight cut that won't scratch the surface.
Place the Formica sheet on a firm work table.
Measure and mark the cut lines with a tape measure and pencil.
Place a straight edge along the cut line on the side of the line that contains the longer section of Formica.
Tension the straight edge and the Formica with C-brackets at both ends to the table top.
Use a flat-blade screwdriver to remove the housing screw from a utility knife. Open the case and insert a plastic / laminate blade into the slot. Screw the case back together.
Run the blade along the straight edge to get the cut line. Use firm pressure and work slowly and carefully so you don't run off the cut line. Get the cut line twice.
Lift the short side of the formica until it clicks into place. If necessary, smooth the Formica edge with sandpaper or a file.
Things you need
- Tape measure
- Straight edge
- 2 C-brackets
- Utility knife with plastic / Laminate blade
- Flat head screwdriver
- Sandpaper or file (optional)
Video add-ons: Laying Krono Original click laminates.
Best Articles In Categories
- How is memory managed in Python
- Comedians How special was George Carlin
- Who can do physiotherapy
- Earn profits with IQ Option
- Where did horseradish get its name from?
- What are the practical uses of LDR
- Did the ancient Egyptians have good warriors?
- What causes numb fingertips during pregnancy
- How do I fix a broken windshield
- How do you say beast in Tagalog
- What's hysteresis in business
- Has social media destroyed freedom of expression
- Is empowr real
- What's your go to 80s song
- Uber charges more on holidays
- Is soy milk bad for women
- How long can we live without children
- Are any INFJs not HSPs
- Why is civil engineering the best
- Are Alexa ranks important
- What is Li Fraumeni Syndrome
- If x 5 what is 3x
- The problems of capitalism
- Is Joe Montana from Montana