What more Pepsi or Coca Cola deserves
At Coca-Cola, sales are crumbling
The US beverage company Coca-Cola is feeling the uncertainty of many consumers. "2013 was marked by ongoing economic challenges around the world," said CEO Muhtar Kent on Tuesday at the company's headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. The profit has therefore decreased from nine billion dollars in 2012 to 8.6 billion dollars, which corresponds to 6.3 billion euros. Revenue also fell: from $ 48 billion to $ 46.9 billion.
Germany is, however, a reliably good market for the American shower producer. Here sales rose to 3.8 billion liters in 2013, an increase of one percent. The great thirst of German Cola friends could not compensate for the global drop in profits of 4.8 percent. In the southern European countries plagued by the debt crisis in particular, consumption of brown soda and other soft drinks from the group fell.
Problems at home too
The wind is blowing in Coca-Cola's face on the important home market as well. Customers in the USA are more and more often leaving the caffeine drink on the supermarket shelf and reaching for supposedly or actually healthier soft drinks. In the Coca-Cola home country, sales fell by one percent.
The stock market reacted promptly to these numbers, the stock lost four percent in early New York trading. Other food companies had also complained of sluggish business for the past year. Among them, Coca-Cola's arch-rival PepsiCo, which sells Pepsi, Punica and Lipton Doritos, and competitor Mondelez with the brands Milka, Philadelphia, and Jacobs Krönung.
"We are working on gaining momentum again in 2014," promised Coca-Cola boss Kent and was optimistic: A growing middle class, greater urbanization and growing per capita consumption would restore global demand for Coca-Cola beverages increase. If you buy drinks from the Fanta, Sprite and Lift apple spritzer brands, you also buy Coca-Cola products.
dk / qu (dpa / afp / rtr)
- When Bagali starts cutting cakes on his birthday
- Which auto sport is the most dangerous
- What will the stock exchange do tomorrow
- GATE is mandatory for PSU jobs
- What are dams, dam parts and sections
- Can treat amoxicillin epididymitis
- How are iPads developing?
- Hilarious questions What would Tyler Durden do
- Why do men look at my buttocks
- Why haven't people used jetpacks yet
- Right wing players can be friendly
- How well are aircraft mechanics paid
- Are psychopaths ever nice to be nice
- What are Some Grateful Dead Tattoo Ideas
- How does a modern train work
- What is MuscleVille
- Where is applet used
- Has someone filed for bankruptcy on purpose
- Bill Gates has an iPhone
- Where can I buy liquid latex
- What if you stop eating carrots
- How much does an epoxy floor coating cost
- What are the different types of ikat
- What is the best university for students in Alabama
- What is a word for start small?
- What is the integration of e logx
- Is Mars experiencing climate change
- What is the most misunderstood thing about brahmacharya
- Are Bernie Sanders' policies financially irresponsible
- What causes dandruff in your cat
- What does a dark personality mean
- How can a computer catch fire?
- How soon should we try to save money?
- Who are top companies in printed electronics