Where's the Kodi Media Center
Smart home Kodi: the first steps with the media center
Kodi has been regarded by fans of well-kept media collections as the ultimate in playback software for years. No wonder: Not only is the open source tool available almost everywhere from Windows PCs to Android smartphones and Raspberry Pi, it also offers unlimited expansion options thanks to countless plug-ins. Kodi can do a lot ex works, such as setting up a film and series database. We show you how it works.
Kodi: Installation and Basic Setup
The first steps in Kodi are done quickly, but a little fine-tuning of the surface and the settings is still necessary. We will demonstrate the setup based on Kodi for macOS. The instructions can in fact be transferred one-to-one to all other versions of Kodi, e.g. Kodi for Windows, Linux or Android.
In this post, we are going to tell you how to add add-ons to Kodi.
Add media sources for Kodi
The basic settings of Kodi are done - now you just have to tell the media center where your media files are. Kodi creates its own databases for films, music and photos, which you can access from the main menu. For example, if you've ripped your DVD movie collection onto your hard drive, all you have to do is guide Kodi to the appropriate folder. We'll show you how to integrate a folder with series in Kodi. The procedure for music or films is basically the same.
Kodi scraper: the basis for the perfect Kodi library
As shown in the previous section, adding folders in Kodi allows you to have the Mediacenter analyze your media files and build a library. Once set up, you can sort your media not only by file name, but also by extended data such as film title, year of release, genre or even the actors involved sort by. The basis for this are the so-called Scraper. The integrated Kodi Extensions compares your media files to large online databases like the TVDB for series or the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) for films.
From the requested data Kodi automatically creates a database of titles, images, synopsis and more. Large media collections in particular can be scoured and organized with it. Kodi's scrapers work amazingly well in practice. However, you will achieve the best results if you use your Sort media properly on the hard drive. For example, films should ideally be stored in folders with the film title. In the case of series, it is advisable to create separate sub-folders for each season. If possible, the episodes should have the season and the episode number in the title, for example according to the scheme "Series name S03E13". With such data, Kodi can already make the appropriate assignment very reliably.
If a scraper is wrong and gives the wrong film or follow-up title, that's no problem either. Just highlight that incorrectly sorted entry in the Kodi database and click it with the right mouse button (press the [c] key on the keyboard). In the context menu that appears, select the entry "information"And then at the bottom right"To update". Kodi will now search the selected scraper source again and suggest alternatives for the title. Still wrong? Then click in this window on "Manually“And enter the appropriate title. That way, with a little fine-tuning, you can build a perfect media database in Kodi.
- You can refill a ballpoint pen
- Does the Ryzen 2600 have integrated graphics
- What are CDs and DVDs
- Why is there still Google Plus
- How has modernity influenced postmodernism?
- How can we remove methanol from wine?
- Can I have multiple Instagram accounts?
- How the universe fulfills our various wishes
- Laender would protest against Trump Wall
- How are Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes classes compared
- Which are some of the best cashback sites 1
- What is the business model at Google+
- What is the longest cohesive culture in the world
- How is biotech
- How is sacramental bread made
- Why do I feel constantly dissatisfied
- Can you modify an electric car
- Can souls burn bodies
- What can help me in founding my company?
- Helps smoking with ulcerative colitis
- What are the best local SEO blogs
- What are the nutritional needs of an adult cat
- Is Bangladesh MBBS recognized
- Most people in Africa are not married