Kills frozen meat
Freezing defrosted meat again - one should pay attention to this
Most of them know the problem from their own kitchen or from their own grill. The amount of meat required was misjudged and too much of it was thawed. Since it is actually only obvious to freeze the unneeded pieces again.
However, almost everyone is aware that meat is a sensitive food that requires special treatment. It is not for nothing that the packaging of frozen meat products says “Do not freeze again after defrosting”.
But how seriously should you take this warning? In this article, we look at the question of how dangerous it really is to freeze defrosted meat a second time and what you should be aware of.
Table of Contents
Fundamental information on the health risk of meat
Meat is one of those foods that should be properly stored and prepared. Meat is a preferred habitat for bacteria and germs of all kinds. Salmonella in particular, which occurs on raw meat, often causes abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting. Children, the elderly and pregnant women are particularly susceptible to such gastrointestinal diseases.
Meat should therefore always stored in a cool place and be prepared quickly and long enough or hot. The cool storage guarantees that bacteria and germs do not multiply on the meat. And the quick and sufficiently long or hot preparation kills almost all germs.
Thaw meat properly
Meat will ideally slowly at cool temperatures thawed. This means that it is best to take the meat out of the freezer the evening before and put it in the refrigerator. When thawing in the refrigerator, significantly fewer bacteria and germs form than is the case when thawing at room temperature.
Likewise, one should make sure that the raw meat is defrosted never in contact with other foods comes, unless these are then also heated strongly. However, if food has accidentally come into contact with raw meat, it is always better to dispose of it as a precaution.
Things to know about refreezing meat
Before dealing with the question of whether and when to Freeze defrosted meat again it is important to remember what happens when meat is frozen. Contrary to popular belief, the bacteria and germs found on raw meat become not killed by freezing. When freezing, the microorganisms are simply put into a kind of hibernation.
The freezer is therefore in stuff Not killing germs comparable to the frying pan or the grill. Freezing is not just about frying or grilling. So if you want to freeze meat again, you should be aware that this will not reduce the number of germs on the meat. If it is then thawed a second time, the number of microorganisms is inevitably higher than when it was first thawed.
Freezing meat again in practice
Ultimately, the question of whether meat can be frozen again beforehand depends on the temperature at which and for how long the meat was stored. Basically, the longer the meat has been exposed to a higher temperature, the longer it is higher is the probability that microorganisms have formed on it.
If, on the other hand, the meat in the refrigerator Thawed and not stored at room temperature, the likelihood is clear lessthat a large number of harmful germs have formed on it.
An exact rule in the form of minutes Thawing time or degrees Celsius ambient temperature unfortunately does not exist. A rule of thumb is that, to be on the safe side, food that has been completely defrosted outside the refrigerator for more than two hours should not be re-frozen. However, because of its sensitivity, one should be even more careful with meat.
Ultimately, it is up to each cook or grill master to decide whether he / she wants to freeze the meat again or not. Leftover already cooked meat can of course be frozen again and prepared again without hesitation.
Conclusion: Prepare frozen meat
Due to the previously mentioned fact that the freezer does not help to reduce the number of bacteria and germs on meat, particular care is advised when preparing meat that has been thawed for the second time. Re-frozen meat should be heated particularly vigorously or for a long time to ensure that no potential pathogens of gastrointestinal diseases are left on the meat when it is consumed.
- Why India is the best at learning yoga
- Have you ever eaten salmon patties
- Employability who is responsible student or institution
- How often should I rewrite my content
- How smart is artificial intelligence today
- What unlikely vacation destination would you recommend
- Will the English language ever be standardized?
- Can arrest parole officers
- What are toy problems
- Is modern Russia conservative
- What is an atypical cyst
- Why should you hire a personal trainer?
- Why wasn't George Bush charged?
- How exactly can antidepressants treat ADHD
- Why isn't Salman arrested?
- Self-validation is never enough
- What are the main factors of 80
- How to avoid solipsism
- Bollywood films wash us brainwash
- Can open ignited diesel with a naked flame
- Is the iPhone 4s waterproof?
- What was Vladimir Novakovski's experience at TJHSST
- Mumbling rappers think they're copywriters
- How many are too many
- How is Emily Ratajkowski a bad actress
- How does social isolation affect men?
- What animals live in the tropical desert
- How to distinguish ruby and garnet
- Why doesn't Daisy choose Gatsby over Tom
- Where is the Palestinian peace camp
- What makes sexy women alluring
- Can the capacitor capacity be increased or decreased
- Why is the Peace Corps important