How many musical instruments can you play
You should be able to play a musical instrument ...
The majority of German citizens play a musical instrument or have the desire to do so
20.09.2009 – 09:45
Society Of Music Merchants (SOMM e.V.)
The results of a broad GFK study commissioned by the Society of Music Merchants (SOMM e.V.) have confirmed that many people have the desire to play an instrument.
A survey entitled "Musical instruments and making music" was carried out in July 2008 to determine the population's attitudes towards active music playing and to obtain further background information on the subject. The survey was carried out in 11,900 households, which is a representative cross-section of all German households.
While 16.5% of German citizens can play a musical instrument themselves, just under 47% of those who do not have the desire to do so. The first place among the instruments that would like to be played is the piano with 52.5%, followed by guitar / bass with 27.6%. This means that the piano is very popular with around a quarter of German citizens.
The reasons for wanting to be able to play an instrument can be found in the statements made by non-musicians about the importance of music in life (45.2%), playing an instrument is relaxing (36.4%) and playing a musical instrument is fun (46.6%). This information is confirmed and even surpassed by the respondents who play an instrument themselves. 96% of the instrument players say that playing an instrument is fun. Around 85% find it relaxing and 73.9% see their imagination fired by exercising.
In addition to the above-mentioned results of the study, other interesting findings could be obtained. The Society of Music Merchants (SOMM e .V.) Is the association of European manufacturers and distributors of musical instruments and equipment. The commissioning to carry out the study pursued the intention of using the results to further research, promote and publish music-making. More information can be obtained there. www.somm.eu.
Dr. Ralf Jeromin
Managing Director SOMM e.V.
Tel. +49 (0) 30-28 501 654
Fax +49 (0) 30-28 501 601
Original content by: Society Of Music Merchants (SOMM e.V.), transmitted by news aktuell
- How are SAP authorized centers
- How is research like Danah Boyds funded
- How much do you love to read
- Do kings really have blue blood
- What does the nurse need for her uniforms
- What does astrology 1
- A Vodafone 4G upgrade is required
- Modern philosophy is dead
- Why is Ethereum Classic
- What is the busiest pub in England
- Is the SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule reusable
- How is the fee structure of DAIICT
- What is viral product marketing
- How is Menorca
- Can I smoke weed on pain relievers
- What is Topcoder in Wipro
- What is serverless deployment
- What are the steps to fill out websites
- How is quark-gluon plasma made
- What can we learn from Gandhari Mahabharat
- Should Trump investigate his own administration
- What is a professional license
- When did hospitals start to burden patients?
- What is a good morning in Greek
- Who are medical professionals
- What is the harm of drugs
- Have you ever met Stephen Curry
- Uber commuting is illegal in India
- Why are spreadsheets so important
- Which universities offer MS in bioinformatics?
- How do I program router modems
- The recipe for Chicken Biryani
- Which has more carbohydrates broccoli or cauliflower
- What is the best game booster software