Which factors influence the leadership style
The right leadership style is a question of personality
That the correct leadership style influences the success of companies is well known. Numerous empirical studies and surveys show that the right management style makes employees happier, more motivated and more committed.
The right way of leading has other positive consequences. For one thing, it is growing Quality of work and results. On the other hand, there is also customer satisfaction to which these positive emotions are transferred.
Corresponding studies prove that above-average employee and customer satisfaction have an impact on the economic success of companies.
Would you prefer to hear the article? Click the audio.
Which leadership style would you like?
In the Management literature a whole range of leadership styles are listed, for example
- situational ...
just to name a few here.
Now we could go through the individual styles step by step and ponder the question of which one you can use best for yourself. But we won't do that, just forget about it very quickly!
Because it doesn't help you, it is Leadership practice not useful in any way. Once you start to worry about the different leadership styles and ask yourself which one is best for you right now, you're just getting bogged down.
An employee comes to you with a question about an acute problem that needs to be resolved quickly. You respond by thinking about it. Just not about the problem, but about which leadership style you can best solve it with.
If at any point you have come to an inner conclusion, the problem is probably long gone. Or - worse still - the employee has meanwhile gone his own way. That is simply not practicable, and it is also not expedient.
You don't have to know all leadership styles and apply them spontaneously.
Which leadership style is the right one?
Of course, the above does not mean that you should simply ignore the different leadership styles. It is helpful to be guided by a certain style.
Which leadership style fits, cannot always be answered across the board, it depends on three factors:
- The type of work or the task at hand
- About which employee you are currently dealing with and what style they need
- Your own "favorite leadership style"
Let's go into this a little more closely.
The type of work or the task
For work that is technically and clearly structured in terms of the process, it is necessary Guided tour with clear instructions. This also applies to routine work, especially if it has to be done under time pressure.
For example, if a house is on fire, immediate action is expected. Likewise in medical emergencies. In both cases it makes no sense to “sleep one night” over it, action has to be taken, and immediately.
At Routine work set the sequence, the processes are set, you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Needless to say, your instructions are friendly and polite.
You can call this type of leadership directive style of leadership describe. They give instructions or orders, the employee carries them out as the recipient of the order.
In this case, the following requirements must be met:
- The work will be after established rules, Regulations always and equally carried out by everyone. There are no deviations from the routine.
- Your employee is Process sequence known. He has the technical knowledge and ability to carry out his part of the work independently.
These prerequisites in turn bring professional requirements to you. Because you have to be technically skilled and have the knowledge you need for the tasks. In addition, you must have knowledge of what exactly the processes look like and whether and how they influence each other.
The more closely the work process flow is defined, the sooner it is sufficient to lead by instruction, i.e. by a directive management style
What leadership style does the employee need?
Of course, the directive leadership style doesn't always work.
At more complex activities, within which the employee has a certain amount of leeway, a different type of leadership is required.
It is helpful to ask yourself the following questions:
- What skills, knowledge and competencies does the employee have?
- What level of motivation or “maturity” does the employee have?
It depends, among other things. from the employee and from his Commitment and its competencethe extent to which you should instruct, “sell”, delegate or participate in this.
An employee without much experience naturally needs a different leadership than an "old hand". When you are with someone a lot of experience and competence If you encounter a leadership style that is too narrow, you will quickly get on your nerves. In the worst case, your behavior can even have a demotivating effect.
The "secret" is your leadership style to adjust to the respective personality. So every employee deserves “his” leadership, the team needs “his” special leadership.
The right leadership style does not come “off the peg”. It is based on the personality of the employee and the task to be mastered.
The right leadership style for every personality
So let's hold on: the personality and the Values of every employee play into the style of leadership. While one needs as much freedom as possible, the other needs closer guidance with clear boundaries. Does one of them need the opportunity to get into To be involved in decision-making processesthe other reacts with caution or even fear.
One can say:
- The right leadership style is one that suits the personality of the employee.
Find your own personal leadership style - your "favorite leadership style"
What applies to your employees also applies to you, of course. Your basic attitude, Your values, your experiences, all of this shapes you not only as a person, but also as a manager.
So you need clarity about yourself and an awareness of which style best suits your personality.
This can be done as follows:
- Make a Leadership profiling: Listen to yourself asking how you like to lead.
- Check different leadership behaviors: If you don't like certain leadership styles at all, if you reject them, then acknowledge that.
So for you it is a matter of taking a close look at yourself. Because what is the use the best method for your employeesif you are not at all convinced of it yourself or if it just does not fit your personality?
Don't really turn to your people until you've found your own leadership style. Finally is your team not your guinea pig.
Little by little you will also learn situational and very quickly to decide which style suits best. In this way you will also find out what values your employees have and how you can guide them through their motivation patterns.
Before choosing the right approach, find out what type of leader you are. Then turn to your employees.
No it is not. Correct leadership with the appropriate leadership style is like riding a bike.
A little awareness (consciously step on the pedals), practice a little practical, and it's all set. The rest then goes automatically.
How and where can you use leadership profiling to help your company "Favorite leadership style" develop?
There is also mine
Premium leadership coaching.
Relaxed • Human • Take a successful lead
An exclusive group coaching program in which you
- determine your "favorite leadership style" with your personal leadership profiling
- learn how to easily and quickly lead and encourage your employees individually
- Develop management alternatives that suit you and advance your employees
- Find your perfect self-management
- Find recipes for really every leadership situation
The number of participants is limited to 10.
In this group like-minded leaders you don't just get inspiration, motivation and support. You can finally openly address and resolve your worries and concerns in a protected space.
Short and sweet
Nothing against management literature, but please don't take this reading too seriously, you will get lost in it. So before you dive into the depths of the Management geniuses and leadership gurus, ask yourself a few completely different questions first:
- Make it clear to yourself what makes you “tick”, what your personal favorite leadership style looks like.
- Make a comparison of your strengths and weaknesses. In my program, we address both with the necessary intensity.
- Let me do some leadership profiling with you. It regularly leads to interesting aha experiences.
In the end you will learn how to decide at lightning speedhow you can act and react in which situation with which type of leadership. I would be happy to accompany you through these processes.
Find out more here. Click on this link: https://coach-und-mentor.de/fuehrungs-premium-coaching/
Let's talk about how you, too, can make your leadership life easier!
I look forward to meeting you
These articles might also interest you:
- Will Congress override Trump's budget veto
- Is an electric vehicle in your future
- What is the technology stack behind Canva
- Where can I eat cheaply in Istanbul
- What was your first car working on
- Why is Slovakia a relatively peaceful country
- Can dogs be allergic to dogs?
- What is MPEG
- Eat the skin on potatoes
- Will you sleep for money
- How do they smoke cheddar cheese
- Medical reimbursements are taxable in India
- What are the best megaminxes under 10 years old
- Are Venus and Scorpio Magnetic
- The NDA exam was easy for you
- Why are YES Bank shares falling
- When and how do polar bears hibernate
- What is mass according to physics
- What are the Most Abused Bible Verses
- Can Lisk beat Ethereum one day
- What was the biggest roast in history
- How does Amazon ship to Zimbabwe
- Can psychopaths be masochistic
- Female mule deer have antlers
- Why are spreadsheets so important
- Could I repeat Patrick Bateman's morning routine
- Is loneliness part of every human being
- Qualifying stocks for small businesses
- How do testimonies work
- What could be automated, but it is not
- Are there effective altruists from Africa
- How to read stock graphs
- How do I check my Dream11 balance
- Is it worth learning Hungarian