What happened to Harry Potter's wand
Harry Potter's wand
- Harry: "I don't want him."
- Ron: "What? Are you crazy?"
- Harry: "I know he's powerful. But I was happier with my own."
- - Harry Potter gives up the elder wand in favor of his own wand.[src]
Harry Potter's wand was 11 "long, made of holly, and had a phoenix feather core.  According to Garrick Ollivander's description, this was an unusual combination of wand core and wood.
The feather was donated by Fawkes, Albus Dumbledore's Phoenix. It was revealed by Garrick Ollivander that the core of Tom Riddle's wand was also derived from Fawkes, making the two wands "brothers". Harry's wand was called "handy and supple"described. 
- „The wand chooses the wizard. So much has always been clear to those of us who have studied wand science ... These relationships are complicated. An initial attraction, and then a shared pursuit of experience, where the wand learns from the wizard and the wizard learns from the wand.“
- - Garrick Ollivander on wands.[src]
Harry received his wand from Ollivander at a price of seven Galleons just before his freshman year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He tried many other wands with little success, but he felt warm after receiving the holly wand.  Even though his wand is fraternized with Lord Voldemort's wand, noted by Ollivander after Harry's wand was selected, Harry didn't think much about this connection at first, he viewed this connection as something the wand could not do anything for, as little as he did could be related to his aunt.
Use at Hogwarts
Harry used his wand during his Hogwarts days and demonstrated his growing magical talents particularly in Defense Against the Dark Arts and in duels.
He also produced powerful magic with his wand, such as the very advanced Patronus spell (aged thirteen), an impressive shield spell, and many other advanced spells he had to learn at a young age.
Harry attended the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasley family and Hermione Granger. During this time, Barty Crouch Jr. managed to shake off his father's Imperius curse long enough to take Harry's wand and use it to project the Dark Mark onto the sky. This caused some Ministry of Magic officials to be suspicious of Harry after being discovered using Priori Incantatemthat his wand Murder produced (the spell that causes the Dark Mark). 
Harry's wand and Voldemort's wand
- Harry Potter: „Professor, in the cemetery, there was a moment when my wand and Voldemort sort of ... connected.“
- Albus Dumbledore: „Priori Incantatem.“
- - Harry and Albus Dumbledore.[src]
When Lord Voldemort returned and forced Harry to duel him in the Little Hangleton cemetery, the rare magical effect of the Priori Incantatem was created. Their wands recognized each other as "brother" and refused to attack each other. A battle of will began and Harry's wand forced Voldemort's to cast his spells again, leading to the appearance of the ghosts of James and Lily Potter, Bertha Jorkins, Frank Bryce, and the recently murdered Cedric Diggory. After Harry cut the connection, they stayed for a while to interfere with Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters. This gave Harry enough time to escape. 
Weapon of "The Chosen One"
- „Your wand recognized him as it was chasing you, recognized a man who was both relative and mortal enemy, and he spat out some of his own magic against him. Your wand now contained the power of your tremendous courage and the deadly prowess of Voldemort himself.“
- - Albus Dumbledore on Harry's wand.[src]
In the aftermath of the Triwizard Tournament and Voldemort's return, Harry possessed magical knowledge and experience that can be said to be significantly higher than that of his classmates. He owed this for learning a variety of advanced spells, which were essential for survival in combat. He waved this wand in many epic conflicts such as at the Ministry and against the Inferi in Horcrux Cave.
When the Order of the Phoenix evacuated Harry from 4 Privet Drive, they were ambushed by over thirty Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort himself. When Lord Voldemort attacked Harry, Harry's wand recognized him as an enemy, despite the fact that he was using Lucius Malfoy's wand instead of his own to prevent the curse reversing effect. Harry's wand shot "a flame of golden fire"On Voldemort, who destroyed Lucius' wand and allowed Harry and Rubeus Hagrid to get to safety. . Dumbledore theorized that this event, which Ollivander himself called "unique", the result of which was that Harry's wand had absorbed some of Voldemort's magical abilities during the duel at Little Hangleton Cemetery.
- Hermione Granger: „You're still really mad at me, aren't you?“
- Harry Potter: „No. No, Hermione. I know it was an accident. You tried to get us out of there alive and you were amazing. I would be dead if you weren't there to help me.“
- - Harry and Hermione after the latter accidentally broke his wand.[src]
On Christmas Eve of that year, Harry and Hermione went to Godric's Hollow in search of Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes in hopes of speaking to Bathilda Bagshot. Voldemort had foreseen Harry's intentions and sent his snake Nagini ahead. When she was alone with Harry, she attacked. Hermione rushed to his defense and used a blasting curse to repel the snake. The curse bounced back, however, damaging Harry's wand. Harry then asked Hermione to fix it, but it was too badly damaged. While Harry was very upset about the loss of his wand, he wasn't angry with Hermione for realizing that she had saved his life. Despite the destruction of his wand, Harry kept its pieces in his donkey skin bag
Harry and Hermione took turns using Hermione's wand until Ron returned with wands that he had previously taken from claws. Harry then used a blackthorn wand, which wasn't as obedient as his own. In the spring of 1998, the trio were captured by Fenrir Greyback's gang of grabbers and taken to the Malfoy family estate, with all wands confiscated. In a subsequent battle, Harry disarmed Draco Malfoy and took his wand. 
- „When the wand came back together, red sparks poked out from its end. Harry knew he had succeeded. He picked up the holly and phoenix feather wand and felt a sudden warmth in his fingers, as if the wand and hand were delighted to be reunited.“
- - Description of how to repair the wand.[src]
During the Battle of Hogwarts, Harry dueled Lord Voldemort for the last time. Since the Elder Wand Lord Voldemort used was loyal to Harry, the killing curse that had been fired at Harry struck back, killing Lord Voldemort. Harry then used the Elder Wand to successfully repair his original wand. He then planned to return the elder wand to Albus Dumbledore's grave. 
Harry Potter owned a number of different wands by the end of the Second Wizarding War, but only the holly and phoenix feather wand is really considered his. Other wands are:
- Hermione Granger's wand - grapevine, dragon heart fiber, 10¾ inches. This was the wand Hermione Granger used during her time at Hogwarts. When she accidentally broke his wand, she shared her own with Harry. The wand was lost after it was left behind while escaping from the Malfoy family mansion.
- Grapple's wand - Blackthorn, 10 ", core unknown. This wand was stolen from a grapple by Ron and given to Harry when the former returned to the group. Since his following was not won by Harry, the wand did not work well for him, left all of his spells seem weaker than they were before He was left behind at the Malfoy family mansion when the group fled.
- Draco Malfoy's Wand - Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair, 10 ". This was the wand Draco Malfoy used during his time at Hogwarts. During the battle at the Malfoy family estate, Harry wrung this wand out of Malfoy's hands, gaining his following and using it until the end of the Second Wizarding War, its final fate is unknown.
- The Elder Wand - Elder, Thestral Hair, 15 ". The Elder Wand had a long and bloody history until it finally fell into the hands of Albus Dumbledore. Although Lord Voldemort personally stole the wand from Dumbledore's grave, his true allegiance was with the Dumbledore disarmer : Draco Malfoy, when Harry won the following of Draco's wand, he also gained the loyalty of the elder wand, and Harry only used the elder wand to fix his old wand.
- Voldemort's wand (possible) - yew, phoenix feather, 13½ ". This was the wand Lord Voldemort used for most of his life. After his last duel with Voldemort, Harry likely gained the following of the wand (if it was still intact at the time However, given that Voldemort used this wand to murder Harry's parents, it is highly unlikely that Harry will ever actually own, let alone use, the wand.
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1when Harry, Ron and Hermione were captured by grabs in the forest, Greyback searched Harry and it is seen that he finds the broken wand and throws it away. This would be actions in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 justify when he simply broke the elder wand and threw it away, unlike the seventh book in which he repairs his holly wand.
- In the film adaptations, Harry's wand is 14 "long as opposed to the 11" in the books. [Text receipt required]
- In the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets Harry's wand is a sleek wand as opposed to the tree trunk-like wand in movies 3 - 8. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film), director Alfonso Cuarón offered actors Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione) a selection of new wands to choose from, which would better reflect the personality of their characters. The designers loved Daniel's choice of the tree trunk-like wand as it would be more magical. [Text receipt required] It can also be said that they were slick at the beginning as they were relatively new and had only served their masters for a few months and later changed to suit their masters. This theory can be supported by Garrick Ollivander's remark that wands "learn" from wizards and vice versa.
- Harry's wand bears the number 963 according to the film version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stonewhen Garrick Ollivander picked this wand off the shelf.
- Holly wands are said to work most willingly for wizards who could use help in overcoming a tendency to be tempted to be tempted to be tempted to be fierce and for those on a dangerous and spiritual quest. Harry Potter struggled with overcoming anger in his teenage years, caused in part by the connection with Lord Voldemort through the soul fragment that Voldemort inadvertently left behind in Harry. He was also prophesied to be the one to kill Voldemort and embroiled in a year-long hunt for Horcruxes in an attempt to fulfill the prophecy. Ollivander also noted that a combination of holly and phoenix feather, if such a combination succeeds, results in nothing or no one standing in the way of such a wizard.
- In the films, Harry's wand is made of a medium dark wood, although holly is a pale wood.
J. K. Rowling explained her choice of holly as Harry's wand wood:
- It was not a random decision: the holly is attributed certain properties that fit Harry perfectly, especially in contrast to the traditions associated with the yew tree. Voldemort's wand is made of yew wood. In the European tradition, it is believed that the holly (the English name, “holly”, comes from “holy”, which means “holy”) can ward off evil, while the exceedingly long-lived yew tree (in Britain there are over two thousand years old Yew) can symbolize both death and resurrection. In addition, this tree is poisonous in all parts.
Some time after I gave Harry his holly-phoenix wand, I came across text describing how the Celts had assigned trees to different parts of the year. I noticed that I had chosen the right wood for Harry for his birthday purely by chance. So I decided to assign the corresponding Celtic woods to the wands of Ron and Hermione as well ... I liked the idea that there was a hidden connection between Harry, Ron's and Hermione's wands that nobody but me knew about (well, until now in any case).
Notes and sources
- ↑ 1,01,11,21,31,41,51,61,7Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5
- ↑Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- ↑ 3,03,13,2Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- ↑Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- ↑ 5,05,15,2Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book)
- ↑ Bad translation: The original speaks of mokeskin pouch. Moke is a magical being and has nothing to do with a donkey. Would be better Suede pouch been.
- ↑ "Extras: Magic Wands" on J.K. Rowling's official website
- Why doesn't the snort of my drugs snort anymore
- What form of life has the most acidic blood
- What is MKSwap on Linux
- What are the best blues bands these days
- Why am I inspired by children
- Is ejaculation good for an enlarged prostate?
- Why is Hank Williams considered so groundbreaking
- Are cell phones allowed in software companies?
- Is PTSD normal after rape?
- What are the four types of puffins
- When was the IPL started?
- Is the virtual reality an escape from reality
- Where should you look for pet supplies
- What are hydroxides and oxides
- What is an azimuth 1
- Treasury bills are haram
- What are the good apps for engineers
- What is pork casing used for?
- Can a Muslim go shirtless in America
- Is water a human right
- How do most websites generate income
- Cold fronts can cause migraines and headaches
- Where do computer people gather in Saigon
- How was phosphorus discovered
- What are your favorite rare words
- What is the most Romanian at all
- What is leverage in options trading
- Can we use fluorescent lighting in DC
- What is a plasmonic absorber
- How are the placements for MTech programs
- How does starvation kill you?
- What does it mean genomics