Can I compile node js with cordova
Running Node.Js on Android
So I know this has been questioned quite a few times. To be precise, for example in these questions:
- Run the NodeJs server in Android
- How do I start my node.js project on Android?
- NodeJS on IOS / Android
However, each option presented has one problem:
I want to run it on my normal device to avoid installing another operating system on my device
Work on JXCore was stopped last month and (possibly as a result) I was unable to get it to compile (see jxcore-cordova cannot be installed).
- The Android port of NodeJ's anode hasn't been processed since 2014 and wasn't really serviced back then anyway
- The second answer in the second thread I linked to mentions that there is now an official node distribution for Android, but other than a link to the latest version's browse website, I couldn't find any information on how to actually use it
- I've seen this too, but it seems the device needs to be plugged into a PC (or similar) in order to run the ADB shell commands while I want to build it as a separate app
In the time that has passed since these questions were asked and as the "best option", JXCore now appears to be unusable:
Is there some way to run a node.js application (a server in my case) on an Android device?
If you're wondering why I want this: I created a WebApp with a Node.Js server and now I want a version that you can start locally from your phone without the need for an internet connection. This means the server needs to be running on an Android phone.
I just had a breathtaking moment - Termux lets you install NodeJS on an Android device!
It seems to work for a basic websocket speed test that I had on hand. The http provided by it can be accessed both locally and in the network.
There is a middle post that explains the installation process
Basically: 1. Install Termux 2. Install apt nodejs 3. Node!
One limitation I encountered: it seems that the shared folders do not have the necessary permissions to install modules. It could just be a file permissions thing. The private app storage works fine.
Dory - node.js
Great new application you
no need to root your phone and can run your js file from anywhere.
- API documents and instant code are executed by doc
- Syntax highlighting code editor
- npm supported
- Linux terminal (Toybox 0.7.4). Command node.js REPL and npm in shell (add '--no-bin-links' option when running npm in / sdcard)
- StartOnBoot / LiveReload
- native node.js binary and npm are included. You don't have to be online.
Update instruction on node js 8 (wait asynchronously)
Download and extract the Arm zip file node.js v8.3.0.
Copy 'Node' to the SD card of Android (/ sdcard or / sdcard / path / to / ...)
Open the shell (check it out in the app's menu)
cd /data/user/0/io.tmpage.dorynode/files/bin (or just enter cd && cd .. && cd files / bin)
cp / sdcard / node.
(chmod a + x node
You can Use Node.js for mobile apps .
It works on Android devices and simulators with pre-built binaries for armeabi-v7a, x86, arm64-v8a, x86_64. It works on iOS too, although that's outside the scope of this question.
Like JXcore, it is used to host a Node.js engine in the same process as the app on a dedicated thread. In contrast to JXcore, it is basically pure Node.js, which was created as a library and contains some portability fixes for Android. This means that it is much easier to keep the project up to date with mainline Node.js.
Full disclosure: I work for the company that makes Node.js for mobile apps.
- Is ejaculation good for an enlarged prostate?
- How does Guelle help plants grow faster
- Can CBD really be used as medicine
- What is the minimum cooling time when molding
- What are Hillary Clinton's most famous quotes
- What is an ordering system
- What are the four functions of the myth
- How bright is a Sadr star
- How many people live in Punjab
- Well worth buying Fallout 4
- How can we check the reliability of a source
- How is the Bitcoin inflation rate calculated
- Where can I find freelance jobs
- What is Hans Zimmer's greatest musical achievement
- Produces loneliness negativity
- Does a Europe adapter work in Switzerland?
- What should we learn in Java
- What is America's Best Food Company
- Why did you never leave Vancouver
- What is variable pay in Capgemini
- Who invented the pancake syrup?
- Informatik How is information deleted
- How do scientists think differently than engineers?
- Why haven't black holes swallowed everything up?
- What can I use Zbrush for?
- The air conditioning goes through glass
- The Beatles were anarchists
- How can I make money in college
- Why is the US strong
- What should a technical writing portfolio contain
- Why are my page attributes not showing
- Chakras are a form of energy
- What is the best stream