Which field is better vlsi or telecommunications
ITG department of technical informatics
Fields of work
Operating systems form the interface between the hardware and the application software of a computing system. Its central tasks include the abstraction of hardware implementation details, the management of operating resources and the provision of structural resources for the logical division and composition of the application software. In addition, operating systems also have a decisive influence on non-functional properties of the overall system, for example cost and energy efficiency, timeliness, security, reliability or maintainability.
The working fields of the technical committee thus cover a broad spectrum of current research topics; from system software for multi-core and multi-core systems to the co-design of embedded systems with limited resources and high real-time requirements to networking in globally distributed high-performance computers. Following the central role of the operating system, this complex of topics also extends to relevant aspects of the respective fields of application. Examples of this are current topics such as autonomous driving, Internet of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 or cloud computing.
The technical committee sees itself as a forum for the exchange of ideas between researchers, developers and users of operating systems.
The meetings that take place every six months serve this purpose in particular. Here, participants from research and industry will discuss current developments, emerging issues and innovative approaches to different topics. The Operating Systems specialist committee maintains and promotes the exchange of ideas with related research and application fields and cooperates intensively with other specialist committees of the technical informatics department, for example in the organization of workshops and specialist conferences.
The lively discussion is supplemented by “Summer Schools” and “Winter Schools” as well as the exchange of doctoral students to promote young academics. In addition, the technical committee annually awards prizes to outstanding theses and dissertations.
A special concern of the technical committee is the intensive dialogue between research and industry as well as maintaining close contacts with the user groups in Germany.
Further information can be found on the website of the Operating Systems Section [https://www.betriebssysteme.org/]. If you have any questions, the spokesperson for the specialist group will be happy to help.
- Which celebrity looks best in a bikini
- What is the procedure for NEEM
- What is CDW in car rental 1
- What is the future for television advertising
- How good is Meladerm skin lightening cream
- Is Facebook blocked outside of Dubai
- Where do you get lessons from pianists?
- Can a website spoof your ISP?
- Whatever happened to Nick Griffin
- Smoke grenades were used in World War II
- Are there apps for MacBook Air
- How do I sing 1
- What is the largest truck engine
- What are electrical core summer internship options
- Who is the mega star of Bollywood
- What is mass according to physics
- What are the largest WWII museums
- Where can I get Xanax in Australia
- How do you see an earthy person
- Why is civil engineering the best
- What are the cutest breeds of dogs
- Has Bananarama written her own songs
- Have insomnia
- What were the last names of Lord Ram