Can someone teach me selenium tests
Seminar descriptionAutomated software tests are an integral part of the quality assurance of software projects. While many developers use unit and integration tests to ensure the correct functionality of individual components (integrated), an automated system test is often missing from the user's point of view. This is exactly where Selenium comes in. With Selenium it is possible to test web applications from the user interface to the database completely automatically and thus to verify the functional correctness of the overall system. For these tests, user interactions can either be recorded using the Selenium IDE and then played back (parameterized) as often as required, or test cases can be created programmatically (using Selenium RC or the WebDriver API). With the help of Selenium Grid it is also possible to carry out these tests in parallel and distributed, for example to test the application in different browsers and on different operating systems.
In this training you will learn how you can use Selenium and Selenium Grid for the automation of parallel and distributed system tests. In order to make the individual test cases as easy as possible to change and expand according to common paradigms of object orientation, a further focus is on a sustainable architecture of the Selenium tests, as well as general best practices.
- Types of software tests
- Selenium Hello World
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium RC vs. WebDriver API
- Friend and helper: The developer tools in the browser
Entry into Selenium
- Base classes of selenium
- Reference surface elements with selectors
- User interactions
- Waiting mechanisms
Architecture of Selenium Tests
- The Page Object Pattern
- Use of a TestSuite
- Deterministic execution sequence with its own TestRunner
Advanced Selenium topics
- Advanced user interactions with the Actions class
- Work with iframes
Parallel test execution: Selenium Grid
- Basics of Selenium Grid
- Setup and configuration
- JUnit infrastructure for parallel tests
Lessons learned and best practices
- Performance / runtime optimization
- Selenium and Continuous Integration
- Feedback / reporting
- Selenium - The bad parts
- Common mistakes / problems and their solutions
You would like to use Selenium productively in your company through practical examples and exercises after the seminar.
Requirement for seminar participation
Good Java programming skills, e.g. through participation in our Java training, are required. Knowledge of JUnit is helpful.
2 days, 1st day 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (online training: 9:00 a.m.), next day (s) 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Number of participants
min. 3, max. 8 people
Advantages of participating in a seminar
- With many practical examples and exercises, you will be equipped for the productive use of Selenium right after the training
- The training conveys the necessary basics in a practical way
- Our course documents are always up to date
Appointments are possible on request.
We can also offer all of our seminars to be carried out in-house. The contents of all of our seminars can be combined into a seminar of your choice for your individual training.
- What does Bacon say about death
- What are ionic compounds made of
- What does Oracle do differently than databases
- Where is a Facebook Messenger bot hosted
- How do you train like an athlete
- How did people develop into vomiting
- Who will win the Royal Rumble 2018
- Has Messi slowed down his game recently
- How can I get over my stuttering habit?
- What does who mean
- How do you connect two wires together
- How can I use mechanics for JEE
- Is dehydration the same as vaporizing?
- What are the best cafes in Munich
- Which golf club should I use?
- Which pressure is above absolute zero pressure
- What is your opinion on the new WhatsApp update
- What was Confucius known for?
- What is universal mind
- How do you start a rebellion
- Will PHP still be relevant
- Which paintball gun is the most accurate
- What are some good 2000s anime
- Laser use infrared waves