How will the ISRO exam be
ISRO: GSAT 32 as a replacement for silent GSAT 6A
to the non-mobile version
August 15, 2018, 11:19 a.m.
On August 12, 2018, it was announced that the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) plans to launch GSAT 32 as a replacement for its failed communications satellite GSAT 6A.
GSAT 6A illustration
Actually, ISRO wanted to use GSAT 6A at a position at 83 degrees East in geostationary orbit (GEO), in particular to provide communication services for the military and government agencies of India and to reinforce GSAT 6 alias INSAT 4E, launched on August 27, 2015. GSAT 6 and GSAT 6A are referred to as "Multi-media Mobile communication satellites for strategic applications". Like GSAT 6, GSAT 6A is based on the Indian I-2K satellite bus and should withstand a design period of ten years.
GSAT 6 illustration
With regard to the additional reviews of the larger communications satellite GSAT 11 carried out because of the failure of GSAT 6A, ISRO chairman Dr. Sivan reported that GSAT 11's power system was configured like that of two older satellites. RISAT 1 failed prematurely and GSAT 6A stopped communicating soon after its start on March 29 because of assumed problems with the power supply system, cable harnesses, etc.
All efforts by ISRO to get in contact with GSAT 6A have so far failed. ISRO claims to continue tracking and monitoring GSAT 6A from the ground and will not declare him dead until 2019. Scenarios in which such a satellite reports back automatically after a long break or reacts to a signal from the ground are actually not completely absurd, but very unlikely - also according to ISRO officials.
In the event that it cannot use GSAT 6A, ISRO wants to start GSAT 32 in October 2019. GSAT 32 will likely have a GSAT 6A very similar to communications payload and, given the intended launch on a GSLV rocket, will have a launch mass in the range of just over 2,000 kilograms.
GSAT 6A is cataloged with the NORAD no. 43.241 and as Cospar object 2018-027A. After the last completed orbit lifting maneuver, the satellite was observed on an orbit inclined around 3.3 degrees to the earth's equator with an orbit point closest to the earth 25,979 kilometers above the earth and an orbit furthest away 36,368 kilometers above the earth. GSAT 6A is currently on an orbit inclined around 3.1 degrees to the earth's equator with an orbit point closest to the earth 25,990 kilometers above the earth and an orbit furthest away from the earth 36,372 kilometers above the earth.
Related message at Raumfahrer.net:
Discuss with us in the Raumcon forum:
Source: Firstpost, Hindustan Times, Indian Express, India Finance News, ISRO, Raumfahrer.net, The Hindu, VA Online News
- Is a forum social media
- What organic food is all about is hype
- Harry Potter was technically not a pure blood
- How can I get 100 marks
- How many people in Japan speak English
- What is the parasitic capacitance effect
- Which color reminds you of food
- What do entrepreneurs have to struggle with the most?
- Steve Jobs NeXTSTEP operating system was successful
- What is every man's dream
- What if I love my insomania
- Twitter Bootstrap VS jQuery UI
- How do I change the password of the Jiofi device
- Will Kundalini Yoga help you achieve divinity?
- Is there a defense quota at UIET Chandigarh
- How did the TB drug affect you?
- Steve Jobs was a fraud
- Is phosphorus diatomic
- Are SS and AISI steels the same
- Have you ever taken part in a quiz?
- How much sunlight does Mars have
- Why should I choose production technology
- What are airlines doing about food waste
- What's the good side of a friend
- Which brand of gasoline is the best
- Is the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys overrated
- How can you make blood clot faster?
- Why is NaHCO3 acid salt
- How is Chelsea in FIFA 17
- How has modernity influenced postmodernism?
- Sex robots will replace women
- Do you think Syria deserves Trump's strike?
- What does flu mean
- When is Quora time for you