Which has more carbohydrates broccoli or cauliflower
Protein in Broccoli - More Protein Than Meat?
Broccoli is a good source of protein. In the raw state, 100 g broccoli has a protein amount of 3.5 g. When cooked, broccoli provides around 2.8 g of protein per 100 g. In contrast to most animal protein sources, these vegetables are also a rich source of vitamins A and C.
Some articles even state that broccoli contains more protein than meat. We have checked and recalculated.
Does broccoli contain more protein than meat?
Protein content of broccoli: Steamed broccoli contains around 2.8 grams of protein per 100 grams.
Protein content of meat: The amount of protein in steak varies depending on the cut of meat and the source. The following table gives the nutritional information from various calorie tables. The number of calories was calculated based on the calorific values of the macronutrients themselves and can be marginally different due to the rounding of decimal places in the respective calorie calculators.
Nutritional values per 100 g of beef steak
A lean grilled beef steak contains an average of around 23 g protein per 100 g - broccoli, on the other hand, only 2.8 g. The absolute amount of protein is therefore higher in meat than in broccoli.
Normalization to the amount of calories
As can be seen in the table above, a steak has more calories than broccoli for the same amount. If you look at the energy content, broccoli has 34 kcal per 100 g compared to 154 kcal per 100 g in steak.
How much protein do you take in if you consume the same amount of energy from both foods?
Suppose you eat 100 g of a steak. Then you take 154 kcal and 23 g Protein to yourself.
To get the same amount of calories from broccoli, you would have to eat around 450 g of the vegetable. Put in 450 g broccoli 12.6 g Protein.
Even when looking at the protein content in relation to the amount of calories, the steak is clearly superior to broccoli.
Result: meat contains more protein than broccoli
Looking at the protein in isolation, the steak is superior to broccoli in both absolute and relative terms. Claims that broccoli contains more protein than meat cannot be verified on the basis of our calculations.
As a vegetable, broccoli is a good source of protein. Coupled with other foods that replenish missing amino acids, broccoli can make a valuable contribution to the daily protein requirement. Broccoli contains a considerable amount of fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin A and vitamin C and is therefore to be classified as a recommended food.
Get your free Meal Prep e-book with 35 recipes including shopping lists and 4 weekly plans!
- Is an anal orgasm better than vaginally
- What is really going on in the world
- How do I report an unprofessional recruiter
- Why is area a vector size
- What are some unknown things about bars
- What is the development of mobile devices
- What are the features of WeChat
- How does arginine make your muscles fuller
- How good is the metallurgy in NIT Jamshedpur
- Learning web design and coding is easy
- How do laser weapons work
- All hackers are hardcore gamers
- How widespread is the use of telegrams at the moment
- How do you prevent an alligator attack
- Where is the Archeopteryx fossil kept
- Why is email marketing affecting
- How famous your father looks
- Why am I in this body
- What is the essence of experience
- What is ventricular fibrillation
- Why was Greek so intelligent
- Why are economists math freaks
- Is yote past tense for yeet
- Do you know anyone through MBBS Biochem course
- How kindness always brings rewards
- In which film is Julianne Moore
- How do i bake
- Top 10 travel measures for your safety
- Which employees do Launch Academy graduates hire?
- Which is your preferred mobile advertising platform
- Why do you know so much
- What makes Isaac Newton so brilliant
- Is it natural to watch TV?
- Why am I unmatched on Tinder