What is liquid phosphorus trichloride
Thanks to the flawless commissioning of the conversion plant at the Institute for Regenerative Energy Systems (IRES), the scientists at Stralsund University succeeded in producing methanol directly from hydrogen and carbon dioxide for the first time. Since the possibility has now been proven to convert the energy obtained from hydrogen into methanol without costly and laborious buffer storage, the use of hydrogen as an energy carrier in the transport sector and other large economic sectors has been overcome the greatest hurdle.
At the Stralsund University of Applied Sciences, the in-house methanol synthesis plant has succeeded for the first time in the direct production of methanol from hydrogen (H₂) and carbon dioxide (CO₂). The scientists at the Stralsund University of Applied Sciences can extract methanol from H₂ and CO₂ without buffer storage and have thus made it possible to use hydrogen as an energy source for the economy without any problems. Bse Engineering Leipzig GmbH is also on board; the consortium has now succeeded for the first time in converting wind power into renewable, regenerative methanol.
"In this way we are opening up a new field of application for hydrogen as an energy carrier with a global market."
Johannes Gulden, head of IRES
With the now perfectly functioning system at Stralsund University, energy generation and energy storage can now be transferred directly from electrolysis to synthesis.
“After 2 years of construction and construction, the system is now running. This is a big step for this type of energy storage.“
Andreas Sklarow, engineer at IRES
As an energy source, liquid methanol is safe to transport and store. As a central basic chemical in industry, it can also be used as a fuel for direct combustion in engines and has an established application in industry. This is why the ability to convert H₂ to methanol is so important. Power-to-methanol, as it is called in the specialist world, has a better C-H ratio than power-to-methane, because one less hydrogen atom is required. This reduces the investment costs for electrolysis by 25%.
In concrete terms, this means that, thanks to the problem-free transport of energy via methanol that has now been gained, the electricity produced in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania can also be used in Bavaria and excess electricity produced by wind turbines can be made available for reconversion. An adaptation of the infrastructure in the energy sector is not necessary, however, since methanol is already being used extensively as an established energy source.
„We can succeed in the energy transition if we use the existing and partly unused resources of electricity and carbon dioxide to replace fossil fuels in the existing infrastructure. "
Christian Schweitzer, Managing Director of bse Engineering Leipzig GmbH
- Is ExpressVPN or NordVPN safe for torrenting
- Which African animals start with M.
- How does ginseng help the body
- How does art change a person's opinion?
- When will American tourism in Russia increase?
- What is to be composed in stocks
- How can I skip the GTA 5 review
- Telangana is the best state in India
- Nuclear fusion is a chain reaction
- What are some top designs from Sabyasachi
- Which is better marketing course
- Are sheepskin rugs ethical
- Are there sulfites in the cheese?
- Why doesn't the American government protect the poor?
- What got you started on social media today
- Hypersensitivity is a mental illness
- An electric toothbrush can damage crowns
- What are some common misconceptions about homeschooling
- Is there a uniform southern culture
- What do you call your USB
- How was Hitler a cult figure
- Who killed Aegon Targaryen
- The profit margins are higher on offensive weapons
- How do I read a newspaper every day